Thursday, September 1, 2011

Evolution of Musical Taste


As I get ready for Girl Baby, I am making a list of what she needs to know.

On the top of that list is music.

Music is important to me and I have pretty strong opinions.

I got to thinking...where did my musical taste come from?

This is what I came up with.

Mom and Dad
Country (good country not this new fangled crap)
Oldies
1960's ensemble folk (Christy Minstrels) 
Tom Jones
David Cassidy
Classic Rock

Laverne who I worked with
R&B
Motown
1960's Southern Baptist Choirs

Patricia my friend in 6th grade and my Uncle John
Metallica
Poison
GNR
Def Leppard
Iron Maiden

My High School Crush
Red House Painters
Talking Heads
Smashing Pumpkins

Christy my first boss
Paul Weller
The Who (who from then on were my favorite band)
Local Bands (like my first exposure)

Rhonda
Morrissey
St.Etienne
Lush
The Verve
80's Brit Pop
Madonna

People I would like to forget
Roger Clyne
Social Distortion
Bernadette Peters

??????
Britney
Katy Perry
Beyonce
Adele

I mean really, I have a lot to teach girl baby. She has a lot to know. I should probably make her a mix tape. 

2 comments:

Mike & Melissa said...

I'm thrilled and completely surprised Bernadette is on your list! She's a legend that everyone needs to experience.

robin said...

totally bizarre.

i didn't see anything about the newsies soundtrack on there...