I can not believe that it is New Years Eve 2008!!!! So many great things have happened this year!!!!! And so I present........
My Top Ten Greatest Events from 2008
10. Metal Gods - Look for a hard rock girl of the late 80's early 90's...this was nirvana. I mean I admit that there was a certain part of the evening that I would like erased from my memory but even that was a great thing...it shows I am not completely de-sensitized to certain things (thank goodness). Plus honestly there is nothing better than going to a bar and having your friend Jared ask if he should bring his gun in....and then wishing he did.
9. Obama - I am pretty sure that I will be disowned from my family for this...but no matter your political background you have to admit that it is kind of amazing being able to be a part of history. First black president. Good for you America.
8. Fourth of July - This is typically my favorite holiday. This year was one of the best. Seriously. I saw a parade, I flashed people at a lake, I ate mashed potatoes, and I watched fireworks. It was amazing!!!! Oh and I got up before 10:00 on my day off. Only for Auby and Brookie.
7. Rockband - There is no way I can explain playing the guitar to "Wonderwall" in Ed Parkers theatre room. What no one knows is that I cried. Straight cried. It was amazing.....I could not decide if I wanted to out Rockband or GNR Live DVD......actually now that I think about it....yeah GNR Live DVD.....yep....short shorts, cigs, and November Rain....oh and the Axl Rose solo of a lifetime.
6. Vegas Baby - OASIS!!!!!!!!!!! Seriously...oh my goodness......I love them. And they showed up and they were not angry or drunk and they played a great show...and yes...I cried. Plus Tesla 2.0...plus cougar meat...plus the fact that I have been on a Scorpions kick since then. Plus....Gingah, Red, and Ed Parker. Good times.
5. Thanksgiving - Alice and Auby do AZ. This trip was great for so many reasons. First my family. I have had a hard road building trust and respect and a good relationship with my family but it is finally happening. It is amazing what happens when you do not steal or use drugs...moral of the story? I have grown so close to my little step-sister (yes I know she is hot sheesh), close to my step-mom (yeah dad I know she is hot and now this is getting awkward) and the rest of my new family. I have become comfortable around my father and feel grateful for him. It was a great trip. Then there was the shopping, laughing, eating, and laughing with Miss Auby. What a great time!!!! Then there was Francisco who...and Auby would agree...was the best part of the trip. :)
4. Lyman - I have really great friends. I mean really great. Friends that after church on a Sunday would drive me to Lyman, Wyoming to see my family. Seriously...Red and Auby came through. Auby even drove in a storm. It was fantastic!!! Again this goes along with repairing damaged relationships...it was so great to see my family. I love them so much.
3. Metallica - I saw a lot of concerts this year....but this was done last minute. Seriously..Red and I were going to dinner and we just decided...lets go to Metallica. Our seats were total nose bleed but it was still great. I am grateful to have a friend who will go to a metal concert with me spur of the moment....I am grateful for Sarah.
2. Chargers beating Denver in the last week of the regular season clinching a play-off position - Yeah...this was pretty much great. I watched it with a great group of people and I smiled for hours afterwards...until I found a knife in my couch. GO CHARGERS!!!!!!!!!
1. One Year Sober - I again go back to the fact that I have great friends. I was thrown the most kick ass sobriety party ever. It was so so great. And I was one year sober. I still can not quite believe it. I never thought I would make it. And now I am two weeks away from 18 months!!!! I am so grateful for the strength and love I have been given.
I could not have ever expected at the end of last year that I would be where I am today. I am happy. I mean truly happy. I have an amazing support system. I have an amazing family and I have great great great friends. On this night I am gathering all of my closest friends....and I am so grateful there is more than one and a bottle of Vicoden.
Happy New Year