Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Love/Hate


I have a love/hate relationship with country music.

I was raised on it. I learned to sing to it. I sang in country bands. I did Nashville Star.

But around the time Garth Brooks came out...it started to fizzle.

He ruined it.

After him came the parade of pop country.

Buh.

I prefer my country raw.

George 
Hank
Johnny (even before the movie)
Buck
Patsy
Connie
Loretta
Tammy
Merle
Dolly

And AND my dream dream dream meet is Reba McEntire. I love that woman.

Now do not get me wrong, I do like some contemporary country....

Martina
Gretchen
Big & Rich
Miranda (love along with the Annies)
Allison K
Lee Ann W

And some off the beaten path

Allison M
Shelby
Mindy
Kasey

Country and I...we have a complicated relationship. 

But baby will know the good parts.....and probably love Taylor Swift (nightmare)

No comments: