Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Sometimes....you gotta call your dad

I have been tormented with an issue as of late. It is a political issue. It is one of the first times I can think of that I have not been able to put my political values in line with my spiritual and moral values. In the past that would not have mattered to me. Politics first. But now, well it is not that way. I needed advice. I needed wisdom. I called my dad. My dad explained things to me and helped me come to my own conclusions about how I feel. I am so very thankful I have a dad who does not push his views and standings on me and respects mine. I am grateful I have a dad who I can talk to and ask questions. I am grateful I have a dad who loves me and loves the church. I am grateful that after a very long time I finally realize how lucky I am, even if he is a Broncos fan.

No comments: