Tuesday, April 10, 2012

6 of 30


What is the hardest thing you have ever experienced

ok this picture. see those two girls to the right of me. i love them with all my heart. they are my sisters. see the one in the middle.....she is my heart. oh and....i am so HIGH in this picture. it was taken one week before i went to jail. FYI.

 In my 35 years I have experienced a lot of hard things.

Jail
Physical abuse
Divorce
Divorce of my parents
Almost losing my sweet Navy

I have learned so much from them. They have made me better. 

One I could have done without is almost losing that sweet girl in the middle up there. 

I am so lucky to have adopted 4 sisters and 1 brother 5 years ago. I love them all like they are my own, and year by year I love them more.

But for some reason that one up there just has a special place in my heart. 

Perhaps it is because when I got sober we were the only two single.

Perhaps it is because when I got sober her and I just bonded.

I don't know but whatever it is...I love her like my own flesh and blood. 

She was in a car accident almost two years ago that almost took her from us. I remember the dreaded phone call from my dad. We were at dinner and I just broke down. I remember just praying and praying that she would be ok. I was physically ill. I was an emotional wreck. 

She pulled through. She is amazing and now that sweet little girl has a sweet husband and sweet baby boy. 

I cannot wait to meet him this week. 

2 comments:

Nikki Nielson said...

Tear :( What a scary day that was for sure.

Catherine Lacy said...

Ah you are so sweet thanks for that! I do not know why there has to be a reason that we are so close... Other than we are both freaking awesome. But I am so glad to have you! I am so glad I had a chance to stay in this crazy world and better myself. I am so excited to meet navy and have you meet madden. Jake (who didn't cry at our wedding)might have shed a tear reading this. I don't know if you knew but Jake keeps up on your blog.